Yeah I've only needed the external DVD drive with my Air once or
twice.  With that said, there will probably still be quite a bit of
stuff that is only available on disc, at least for now.  Netflix's
streaming library definitely leaves a little to be desired.  For
instance, only the second and third Lord of the Rings films are
available.  Makes no sense for them not to have the complete trilogy.

Eric