Hello Ray,

As I already pointed out, VueScan does not take care of orientation, unlike
ABBYY FineREader. You can use Cmd-L to rotate left, or Cmd-R to rotate right.
However, from what you say, I think the document is upside down, in which case
either Cmd-L twice or Cmd-R twice should fix the issue.

As for TextEdit opening automatically, it isn't doing that for me either.

Cheers,

Anne