OK, here are just a few of my impressions. Most of them come from the
way I use Mac, so a lot of them are personalized and most habitual. So
I am sure there is room for improvements in both Lion and my habits.

First, has anyone noticed that VoiceOver no longer speaks the welcome
message? Ever? After installing Lion, I have yet to hear VoiceOver
speak the welcome message once. And this is after restarting, or
turning off then on the Mac at least a dozen times. I know this
because half the time, after logging in, VoiceOver is dead silent, it
doesn't say anything. The other h50 percent of the time, it says
"com.apple.dock.extras".
So what is "com.apple.dock.extras"?
Why can't the focus go to the desktop like Snow Leopard used to? OK,
so we can press VO-Shift-D, or command-Tab to go to the desktop. But
why do that when Snow Leopard used to put you right there after
logging in? This seems like such a weird behavior.

My second observation is that the entire system seems to run a little
slower than it used to. I don't know if this is because I updated Snow
Leopard to Lion. Will my system run more smoothly if I installed Lion
from a clean install?
This is not Windows, this is Mac. Does it really make that much of a
difference? If so, why would Apple make us update instead of providing
a dvd for clean installs? If I were a betting man, I'd bet that even
on a clean install, my system would run more or less about the same.
The other major issue is Mail.
For example, Mail has turned into a waiting game instead of the snappy
fast response it used to be. Now when I press up or down arrow keys to
scroll through the message list, every few times, Mail would say "Mail
busy" and take about 2 seconds before reading me the email message.
This has never happened in Snow Leopard.

The other issue I have is the download window in Safari. In Snow
Leopard, it used to be that when you click on a link to download
something, a second window pops up and you can immediately see what
you are downloading. Now with Lion, you have to move from the html
content, move to the toolbar, interact with it, find the download
button, click it, then you can see the downoad progress.
This may be better for a visual user. But for a VoiceOver user, it has
gone from a window that pops up automatically, to forcing the user to
navigate to find out the info.
I'm starting to see a trend that things may be accessible, but not
necessarily user friendly. Apple may be good at making sure things are
accessible with VoiceOver, but not necessarily user friendly.

--
Shen
goalb...@gmail.com