To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2011 9:16 PM
Subject: Re: Totally bizarre finding with Safari 5.1 in Lion

Hi Chris:
Do yourself and all of us a favor:
Step away from the computer and chill for a while before writing a pointless rave like this. No one really needs to hear it.

On Jul 22, 2011, at 6:37 PM, Christopher-Mark Gilland wrote:

Not exactly that anyone would really want! to download this, but, why in the heck is it, that if I go to either

http://www.freedomscientific.com

Or:

http://www.hj.com

Take your pick, for one, I am finding the item chooser stuff happening here as well, if you do vo+I then type d o w... stick with me, it gets even weirder than item choser stuff... I'm just setting some ground... anyway, if you hit vo+i, then do d o w, you won't get the downloads link, yet if you use vo+U and go to links in the roter, then! do it, it works, then go to jaws for windows screen reading software, then try to find the jaws 12 download link, if you hit vo+space on that link, Safari says the page cannot be found. Now, here's the weird part. If I try this from my xp pro sp3 machine with either I E, or Firefox, then hit enter on the link, same network l A n, same public I P address, same internet connection, etc. same d h c p, same d n s, same router, nothing changes but the platform, the download works like a charm! Let me say this, no jokes. I've had a really rough day, and quite frankly am not in the mood for the smart mouth comments, like, well yeah, Jobs hates FS so he blocked you from the site, or why would you compare jaws to VO, or want to download the fish... you may have a point, but no you really don't, OK. This isn't about one screen reader being better than another. this is about the item chooser, and the router, and the downloading in Safari consistently across many pages be very inconsistently odd in behavior. Take it as such. If you can't offer anything resourcesful and just wanna throw lookie jokes around, look, I'm not tonight as I would normally be, in the mood for it. OK? Please, if you all test and find the same thing, let me know. I'd be interested if anyone knows why the things in Safari have to be so d*** annoying. I'm frustrated yes, the mods could say that and that I need to chill, and I'm willing to, but people, come on! I mean, really, one could argue, I'm not the one who decided to jup into Lion right away. You're right. Perhaps I jumped the gun too soon. But, that really isn't your right to say. The thing is, I'm getting more stressed with the Lion update by the minute. What ticks me off more though is Apple doesn't seem to give a rat's butt one way or another, ar at least it doesn't appear that way, but I'll explain more about that in another more rellavant post. It's making my experience though not very enjoyable, I tell ya that! though.

Chris.