I recently upgraded to Lion, so currently use VLC more than Cog. With each, you
open the app, press cmd O, browse to your desired music location, open it, and
you're off and running. VLC has some unlabeled buttons, but you can take care
of that via voiceover's labeling method. Both apps have keyboard shortcuts
available for nearly every function of the respective player, and both are very
accessible IMO. Also, and this is simply me being me, but I love the
customizable EQ in VLC. Made me run out and buy amazing speakers for my Mac. :D

Again, I hope that helps.

Foursquare: IndigoCellist

Twitter: @IndigoCellist

Skype: shameless_FanGirl