Hi Tim,

thanks for this.  I contacted Apple and they confirmed Cody's statement that
you can use a time-machine backup to transfer data.  I seem to be having better
luck with that, I was prompted to change the name on the MBP account, and
everything seems to be backing up.  God only knows what user account I'll end
up using once this is done, but I guess I'll find out.

thanks for the info.
Cheers,
Donna