Rachel and Eugenia,

thanks so much for your suggestions. Unfortunately, I have not gotten either of
them to work.

for the sake of my homework I ended up just opening a new document and retyping
it from the original document so I was able to hand it in. thank goodness it
wasn't a very long assignment so it wasn't a big deal. But this is happening
with all pages documents.

After I finished with my homework I did a little experiment. I opened a new
pages document, typed something in it and quit pages. when I tried to open it,
it opened fine but again, I couldn't type in it or delete anything from it.
when I tried to select all and copy and paste, it would select all but I
couldn't copy. that's why I couldn't take Rachel's suggestion of copying and
pasting into text edit. it selects all but won't let me copy. the quicknav keys
are turned off. I even turned voiceover off thinking it might be a VO issue but
it did the same thing with voiceover off. just clunked at me when I tried to
type in the document.

It's as if the documents are locked but they aren't. when I get info on the
files, it says I have permission to read and write. yesterday when I first
noticed this happening I tried repairing my permissions and it didn't fix.

I tried Eugenia's suggestion of renaming the backup and deleting the original
but it did the same thing with the renamed backup. I opened it up and couldn't
manipulate the text in the document.

I'm getting a bit worried cuz I have a research paper for one of my classes
that I wanna start working on soon. I don't wanna be fighting with pages when
it comes down to doing serious writing. that just sounds too…PC-esque.

it seems like it's some kind of weird permissions issue. when I do the same
thing with text edit, it works fine. I'm able to open a new document in text
edit, write in it, close it and write in it again with no problems. it's just
pages.

peace and positivity
Jessica and Goldina
follow me on Twitter: