Hi Jessica!
Could it be that your pages might be corrupted!
If you have access to another account on your Mac and it has Pages on it [or
set one up] see if pages runs ok on there!
Or you could trash that pages and reinstall [ might help]
I think there is in the archive something about sorting out corrupted accounts!
hth Colin