If the video driver changed you will have to reinstall WE,  When you get the
prompt as Mike said it just exits WE.  So reinstall it in the new version
and it should be fine.

-----Original Message-----
From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Mike Arrigo
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:40 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Fusion 4 and Window-Eyes

I don't think it tried to do that, since my windows 7 virtual machine works
fine the way it is, I'm going to leave it, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
On Sep 15, 2011, at 7:13 PM, Keith Watson wrote:

> Mike,
>
> Did your vm automatically try to install vmware tools even after saying no
to the upgrade vm option? No matter what I have done it always seems to want
to install. I have to cancel and can then use the vm, but it's annoying.

> On Sep 15, 2011, at 8:10 PM, Mike Arrigo wrote:
>
>> I have window yes, I think it's 7.2 installed, I will try it. I don't see
any difference in a version 4 virtual machine, I think it supports hd audio,
and better graphics, you might try copying your version 3 virtual machine
back, and telling fusion not to upgrade it. By the way, pressing enter at
that window eyes prompt does not reboot windows, it just exits window eyes.
>> On Sep 15, 2011, at 1:07 PM, Robert Carter wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> After upgrading from VMWare Fusion 3 to 4, fusion asked to upgrade my
Windows XP VM that I had been using with Fusion 3. After upgrading the VM,
Window-Eyes version 7.1 said that the video driver had changed and that
windows needed to restart. Window-Eyes then said press enter to continue.
After that point, I get no sound from the VM at all. I am not positive
whether or not it actually restarted but it appears that it probably did. At
least fusion seems to think that windows is running. At any rate, if I let
it sit for a few minutes, the fan on my Mac starts running at top speed
suggesting that the computer is working extremely hard.

>>> I booted my system with an earlier SuperDuper clone and of course
Window-Eyes ran fine because I was again using fusion 3. I then uninstalled
Window-Eyes from that SuperDuper clone and copy the VM without Window-Eyes
back to my fusion 4 installation. I then allowed the XP VM to be upgraded by
fusion to work with fusion 4. I then ran System Access as the screen reader
and it works perfectly. I have not yet decided whether or not I will try
installing Window-Eyes but it is possible that Window-Eyes does not like
fusion 4.