I encountered the same problem with WE 7.2. Not sure exactly what is going on,
but sense I only need the windows VM for one specific purpose, I have a backup
and will just copy it back over and skip installing the tools. Now that I think
of it, I don't really need it in any event, but fun to muck about with.