Braille displays are very personal much like speech synthesizer preferences.  I
strongly suggest that you feel a couple for comparison before agreeing to buy
one.

For me, any paperish feeling my fingertips notice when I use a focus or
packmate is dispelled by the fact that when one of the sells dies, I'll have to
replace 19 other working sells to get it fixed.  If you plan to go focus,
insist on a service maintenance agreement.

The focus blue is one of the most chunky portable displays.  I drew up a
dimension comparison last month if you'd like to see it just let me know.  It
was among the lowest priced, but the new Brailliant BI 40 is giving the focus a
run for it's money.  Plus, the BI 40 comes with 2 years standard warrantee as
opposed to one on the focus.  I suggest you use the brailliant BI40 as a
comparison when you go to feel braille displays.

Best,

Erik Burggraaf
This month in Ebony Promos: Two new gps systems for demo. Mac OS Lion When will
it be supported?  Ebony Consulting at accessibility Unconference Toronto. To
read more and subscribe, Visit:
Ebony Consulting toll-free: 1-888-255-5194
or on the web at http://www.erik-burggraaf.com