Hi listers,
I am doing my Undergrad in Computer science. I have been using VO on
the mac since 2 years and VO on the iOS since 1 Year. I wish to
develop apps for the iOS. I would like your suggestions on a few
questions  regarding app development.
1. where do I start?
I visited the iOS dev center and found a huge volume of resources.
many books, and videos. but I am not sure about where to start and how
to proceed with learning the  required platforms  for development.
2. is the entire development process accessible?
what concerns me related to accessibility is the UI design for the
application and the mapping of the functions to various interactive
elements on screen.(interface builder)  From a video I saw, I
understood that one will have to drag various elements to a particular
area and map each element to a controller function. is my perception
wrong? of it is not, is there a workaround for this particular phase
of development that makes this process accessible with VO?
3. How do I test?
I learned that xCode provides a facility to test apps by running them
on an emulator and provides various statistics about resource usage.
is this accessible with VO?
4. when do I become a member of a developer program?
I wanted your say about the appropriate time to become a member of the
apple developer program.
 Is it better if I pay for It now or go ahead with it after I am
familiar with developing for the iOS platform.
I apologize if this mail was too long and I thank you for reading
through the entire mail :)
Any answers will be of great help.

Thank you.
Cheers