Hi guys.
Yes, I did tell Apple Care people, both of them, that I was using VoiceOver.
It's real weird that you say that about this being a VoiceOver feature because
my sighted husband, at least before he updated to IOS 5 was annoyed sometimes
when the phone went to speaker phone when he didn't want it to.

The only problem I have with Apple Care people not knowing about this is that,
even if it's a transfer issue, they should get some people who can answer
VoiceOver questions. The other thing was, when I asked the second person if
this was in fact VoiceOver thing, he didn't know. I only called because I wa
hoping there was a simple thing I could do in the meantime to restore this
feature back.

Some time today, before I go to the Apple store on Wednesday, I'm going to see
if I can find this information in the manual, to see if they took it out or
not. I'm going to the store since I am going to North Park Mall anyway for
something else. So I'll go and ask while I'm at it. They know me over there,
and several of them because of me, have had to learn some VoiceOver.

Regards,
Gigi

Sent from my iPhone