Is this just supposed to automaticly supposed to do this by default any time you take the phone away from you ear? If that's the case, how do you turn it off if you either realize you didn't want it on, or you did, and you're done with it? Sorry to vere this subject off topic, just was curious, seeing as how I plan to get the 4s soon, and could use some tips. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Gigi" <gigifi...@sbcglobal.net>
To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Cc: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 3:55 PM
Subject: speaker on iPhone

Hi guys.
I have a question, and it is driving me crazy. I just called Apple Care about this, and basically, I don't think they believed me.

I use the feature I'm describing all the time. Until two days ago, it was working just fine. If you're on a call and you want to go to speaker phone, the manual used to say (it did when I got my iPhone back in January) to take the phone away from your face and it would become a speaker phone. As I said, it worked like a charm until two days ago.

Now, all of a sudden, for no reason I can figure out, I have to go to hide keypadnd then Speaker, a pain with VoiceOver when someone is talking and you need to switch them over to speaker phone. Also, VoiceOver is quietly talking into the earpiece, and I'm finding it hard to hear the choices so I can get the thing turned on.

I could not find this feature in the iPhone manual any more. Is this something they changed because of Siri? If so, it would have been really nice if Apple Care people had just said so from the start.

Regards,
Gigi
nd speaker. This is a real pain with

Sent from my iPhone