I'm very puzzled as to why the firmware isn't publicly available, or at least
available to Focus 40 Blue owners. I contacted tech support and got an
honest-to-goodness Dropbox link. I was astounded. I then sent a polite but
direct question about the matter as a reply to that message.  Unfortunately, I
sent it late Friday, so we may or may not find out Monday what the answer is.

In any case, updating definitely fixed the issues for me. I had to download the
drivers to my husband's computer, since I no longer use JAWS, but once I did
that, everything was fine. Thank you for the pointers and instructions, scott.

Teresa

"Man is matter's ability to contemplate itself."--Albert Einstein