How, on both counts? arrowing, even in text areas, never has seemed
very consistent; I find myself guessing until I find what I want.
Maybe quick nav complicates things, I don't know. I didn't know you
could lock the vo keys, that sounds useful. I think I need to find a
complete keyboard reference for vo, as huge as that may be. Does such
a thing exist?

On 4/30/12, Anne Robertson <a...@anarchie.org.uk> wrote:
> Hello Alex,
>
> Even with Quick Nav on, you can still use the normal VO commands to navigate
> by character, word, line, sentence, etc. You can also lock the VO keys to
> minimise the number of keys to be pressed.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Anne
>
> On 30 Apr 2012, at 03:15, Alex Hall wrote:
>
>> I have quick nav on. However, the left/right arrows don't seem to
>> navigate reliably (I ended up at the bottom of a page, and you can't
>> read by smaller chunks inside, say, a paragraph of text). Say you're
>> reading an article and aren't sure how an oddly spoken phrase is
>> spelled. On Windows, or in an edit area on Mac, you'd arrow to the
>> line, then move word by word to the phrase, then read word by word or
>> character by character. How would you do this (efficiently, not by
>> moving the rotor all over the place and hoping you don't hit the wrong
>> key and jump out of the entire article) in Chrome or Safari? Even the
>> "lines" setting on the rotor is not very useful - I still have no idea
>> what it thinks a "line" is, and it never seems to move me anywhere.

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from GMail website)
mehg...@gmail.com; http://www.facebook.com/mehgcap