Yes, the economic benefits of using skype or other SIP based phone
services make it worth while.  I also like the idea of flexibility;
especially now that the iPod app for skype is quite accessible now, I
can use skype on my iPod over WIFI now.  Where I live right now, all I
have phone wise is a cheapie cel phone which is accessible in its own
right but I don't wanna burn through minutes unnecessarially when I
could use a flat rate over skype or SIP.  Plus the audio quality is
better over a VOIP deal than a cell phone.