Cheree Heppe here:

The thing we blindness consumers have to concern ourselves with is, in our
admirable efforts to make a new product more accessible, that we do not
re-invent the limitations and pitfalls embedded in other well-known and used
consumer products.  All day at work, I have to listen to this
yammer-yammer-clack-clack of the fishiest, buggiest, most unstable screen
reader I have ever had to use.  The screen reader, also Windows-based, that I
use on my home system is far better, but doesn't reach the level of ease and
seamlessness of Apple's VoiceOver.

If I can squeeze the budget hard enough, I'm migrating to Apple really soon.
Yes, I've said this earlier, a few times, but this may be the real deal.  I
have had it with half-is-done-is-good-enough for blind consumers.  So much of
the blindness market would collapse if it competed in a sighted, open market
because it operates in a sub-standard way to what the general population, what
the general level of industry has come to accept as optimal.

Yes and yes, I am very much delighted with Apple because Apple levels the
playing field to universal access.

There is a cool feature that amazes me.  The app I explored through my IPhone
has a free and paid version.  In exploring the My Way app which is a navigation
app made by the Swiss Federation of the Blind, I discovered that when the
website became German, the I-device spoke German, not garbled English trying to
shape the unfamiliar words to its inflexible syntax.  I understand German, so
this meant that I could access all those websites easily, seamlessly.

Yes and yes, I am a supporter of Apple.  Apple re-shaped their faltering
accessibility to compete as the device of choice in schools, universities and
you name it.  So, happy Appling, and many more to come!!!

Regards,
Cheree Heppe