That's what I was going to say actually. Lol. I personally think it's an
inferior voice.

-----Original Message-----
From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Anne Robertson
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2012 11:57 AM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: what Voiceover bugs people want or are hoping will be fixed or
squashed in Mountain Lion?

Fred is used during installation because it requires the least system
resources, which is also why Fred is the most responsive voice and why it is
my preferred voice for practical purposes.

I use Acapela voices sometimes for reading for pleasure, and have Fiona, the
Scottish voice that comes with Lion, as my system voice. Interestingly, when
I sync my iPod Nano, iTunes tells me that my system voice does not use the
same language as my iPod. So Scots don't speak English? Very strange.

Cheers,

Anne