Greetings.

Actually what I did initially was get the machine running under Windows 7, as
this is what Fusion knew what to cope with using automated install scripts.
Following this, I downloaded the Windows 8 ISO (there wasn't a key required, as
this is still a preview), mounted it in the VM, then ran the installer within
the Windows 7 VM.
At various points within the Windows 8 install process, I hit Windows-Enter (I
think that translates to cmd+enter in the default layout?  It's been a while
since I spun this up to play with it), and Narrator came up talking.
Tip: It looks like Microsoft has chosen to use caps lock as a modifier for
Narrator, rather than Alt+Windows.  My suspicion is that this would make them
look less like VoiceOver, but as I have no proof to substantiate my claim,
parse it accordingly.  This makes SharpKeys an essential part of your complete
breakfast if you're running Windows 8 under Fusion, as ou'll want to perhaps
remap the right option key to the caps lock key in the virtual machine. ...
Wait. I guess I should actually try this before I go throwing around
recommendations. =)

Hope this helps,
Chris