Thanks for all your support,
As we speak the backup is going slowly but surely.
Could anyone of you experts suggest a course of action to try to attempt the
wired connection with a cable without passing through router?  At the moment I
have the ethernet connected to both macs without a router but I have a feeling
that the network is still happening over wifi.

It is very slow for now. 2 days for 125 gigs.

Thanks again,

Ioana

Please check out my cd on www.ioanagandrabur.com on iTunes and most online
stores.