Hello,

I purchased one of the alternative applications to work with spreadsheets on
the Mac called Tables. Initially, I was very pleased with it as it contained
several very useful shortcut keys, for instance, to move to the top or bottom
of current column, to jump to the beginning or end of a row,. Selecting a range
of cells was also pretty accessible. I exchanged a few e-mails with the
developer and he was helpful.

Since Lion however Tables have become so much like numbers in terms of
reporting "busy" all the time, that it slowed my work totally to an acceptable
pace. The recent updates of Tables also brought a drop in the accessibility. I
would not advise at the moment to buy this programme although do test it for
yourselves as you have a 30 day trial period. I've not been writing to the
developer since. I got a bit fed up and I have had other things to contend
with. Also, I was hoping to be able to switch to Numbers which I did and
initially things were sort of okay until my spreadsheets grew in size and I m
again finding I can't work with them at a pace that acceptable. Additionally,
not being able to jump to top and bottom of a column or beginning and end of a
row is a disadvantage.

Best wishs

Andrew