well, let me tell you a few things here:
1: windows are n to as safe as macs are, which adds trouble for the novice user.
2: windows computers are much less stable than the macs.
3: nvda isn't something she will be able to get support for,unless she enters a
list, which already involves some learning within itself, whereas voice over's
support is already with the mac.
4: why would someone start utilizing technology with something as not inclusive
as windows if she could use a mc and be able to use every mac in the world
after that with no additional work?

most times, you will find the money spent pays off.

mauricio