Hello Cheree,

IOS is a simplified operating system whereas Mac OS x is much more
sophisticated. You can't just transfer your IOS skills to the Mac. Even the
Trackpad commander behaves differently from the gestures used on IOS.

You really need to work through the built-in tutorial which you can start at
any time by pressing Control-Option-Command-F8.

Use VO-k to learn the keyboard, and use VO-h-h to discover the range of
commands available.

For standard Mac OS short cuts, look at the menu items for any application.
VO-m will take you to the menu bar, then right arrow will take you along the
menus. Down arrow will take you down each menu and the short cut is announced
at the end of each command.

When activating a menu item, press Return. When you encounter a button, press
VO-Space bar. To look at the contents of tables, grids, scroll areas, drawers,
groups, etc, interact. Always interact with text areas to be able to use all
the VO text commands.

Cheers,

Anne