Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 9, 2013, at 11:28 AM, David Hole <balubathebr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks.
>
> As far as I know, there are many here in this group who are helping
> blind people switching from Windows to Mac.
> Do you have any strategies to help them get fast into the VoiceOver
> commands, and how they can "distance" them selves from the Windows
> platform, and learn Mac the best way there is?
> For example, is the best way to first learn to use VoiceOver with the
> QuickKeys, or the hard way with so many keys pressed at once some
> times?
> What about what to learn first, do you learn them a piece of software
> (such as Mail or Safari) or how the OS and how VoiceOver interacts
> with it before going into apps?
>
> All comments on this is really welcome.
>
> Best regards David

> Hi David
I think to learn TextEdit first will be one of the ones that I would start. I
get you into typing in a little navigations and the basic commands like
Kamankeag et cetera. I think mail would be a little bit more difficult and by
far Safari would be one of the last one. The same would go for iTunes. However,
I think you have to consider the computer experience of the person you're
dealing with. In my case, it took me about two weeks to do a switch. Other
people take longer.
Regards
Gigi