Friend,

Thanks for your prompt input.
The fact is that if you wish VO to speak lower on incoming calls, you must
lower the volume of the ringer alert.
Otherwise turning down the volume of VO is not extremely practical since there
are too many cases where you need the volume back at a normal level.
And muting VO every time you are done with it? I don't think the setting is
intended to be used that way.

Did you see the issue where an incoming call triggers VO to speak through the
speakerphone even with a headset connected?

The fact is that I am not asking for an improvement here, but something that
should have been there at the first place.
I am far from being over concerned by privacy, but I happen to feel a little
uncomfortable when VO announces the names of people that call me when I am
sitting on a train, in a meeting or basically close to strangers.

Cheers!