Hi,

Not to sound discouraging but, I honestly don't know how many really share this
concern.  I'm not so sure it's unavoidable either.  One could mute speech with
a 3 finger double tap when not in use or, turn Voiceover off all together with
a 3 triple press of home, and turn either back on when receiving an incoming
call or, just want access to the phone.  You could even turn down the volume of
voiceover so it would be hard to hear if not holding the device in your hand.
But I must say, of all bugs I want fixed, or features I want to see added, This
wouldn't even make my top 10.

But, who knows?  I might be in the minority on this topic.  Hopefully your
message will urge others with the same concerns to contact Apple about it.

JMO.,

Ricardo Walker
rica...@appletothecore.info
Twitter:@apple2thecore