Well, here's the thing, some of them might have an equalizer, but mine for example doesn't. Mine basically has 3 buttons on a little box which is connected to the two satelite speakers. The set I have actually was meant for a gaming system type computer, but yes, one of the settings makes it really really tinny, one makes it about middle of the road, and the other makes it extremely basey. I usually keep it on the middle preset. I may not have spelled lanzing correctly, so you probably're gonna wanna google. As for the compatibility, abg, suh, lootly! they'll run on the Mini. I myself have actually done it. Granted, I normally don'[t. Normally, I have it connected to my JVL studio monitors, which is then being fed through a send bus, then fed back through a receive on my 24 channel board, but for you, that would probably be over kill! Yes, most Altech speakers I have do have either nickle, or gold tipped stereo 3.5MM male plugs. The nice thing too is that the cords all are balanced, so your ends and outs give you the same wattage both ways a-syncronously. Again, I can't tell you the exact model of these speakers. I doubt this exact model is even being made anymore being they're several years old, but man are they worth it! Frankly, I'm probably just biased, but I l'l'luv! my Altechs. Again, as I said initially, in my book, I don't think I've yet seen a single bad Altech speaker setup yet.

You really honestly can't go wrong with them. I still do however strongly! encourage you to look on the Sweet Water web site.

Again, I'm not totally sure if they ship outside the US, but I would think they'd at least! ship to Canada. Hold on let me call and I'll ask 'em. So, ok, I just spoke to a guy there named Dan. He said it depends on what your'e looking for if they can ship outside the states or not. He said they're not an Altech dealer, so the answer there would be no, but, he did say they offer tons of good speaker systems and that he did based on your requirements have a few ideas.

So, you may wanna give him a call.

1-800-222-4700.

If that number doesn't work, being it's a US based toll-free number, then try their local number which is:

2604328176

and Dan is at extention 1253.

Either that, or you can try talking to the guy who I normally deal with in sales who is one of the nicest! gentlemen I've ever had the pleasure in a sales situation with working with. I'd strongly suggest talking to him, if you can't get Dan. Ironically, his name is also! Christopher. More specifically, Christopher Geissler, pronounced Ggighssler. Gice, ler.

Same number as above, and he's at extension 1297. You can tell him your visually impaired friend who he should know well, Christopher Gilland recommended him. I think he'll be very pleased to talk to you.

Anyway, I really hope I'm being helpful. I'm sorry I can't give you more specific information/models to look at.

If you need any further help, you also can call my company and speak to the tech support department. We don't directly sell speakers, but we could probably help you with your research to find a good set.

our number is:

704-256-0067, then choose option 2 from the main menu for tech support. Or, you can reach me, directly at extension 401.

Chris.