Huh? the mini as an optical audio out? OK? Where is it located. I've never seen it. I know it's got h d m i, but...

Chris.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Blouch" <cblo...@aol.com>
To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2013 4:14 PM
Subject: Re: Good speakers for mac mini

Just an FYI, if you really are doing a 5.1 surround sound setup you can
run the optical output from your mini to a standard 5.1 decoder receiver
so when you play a DVD you get all the surround-sound goodness. Other
than that, what speakers sound good is a pretty subjective thing.
Personally I like my old JBL 4408 studio monitors.

CB