Well, it's working now. I put the mac to sleep last night, and tried again this
morning, and all is as it should be. Go figure! I also discovered the
incredibly useful, of verbose, "speak text changes" option in the verbosity
settings, which let me just read my document and hear all my style and
alignment changes. Very handy!

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
mehg...@gmail.com