Sorry for the confusion, but I was talking about the days I was using Windows
with MS Word. I have found that one has to be careful about text that touches
whatever you are trying to affect with alignments or fonts. I used to get text
all the time when I was using Windows that would have attributes in it I didn't
know about. When the things, I added other attributes in because what I put in
touched text that had those attributes.

I have found this to be true in TextEdit as well, and I guess it's a
characteristic these days of word processor programs. I hope what I am saying
this time makes sense.

Regards,
Gigi