Hi,

VO sound effects are independent of system sound effects.  This is why you can
have VO sound effects off but, still have sound for Mail, and other sounds
throughout the OS.  And you can also select which audio device uses
independently of the system as well.  I love this feature.  I think they added
in in Lion .

hth

Ricardo Walker
rica...@appletothecore.info