Ann's description of VuesScan setup sounded so good that I downloaded and
installed it, but I'm finding it uncooperative at best.

After dropping the .app file into my applications folder and opening it, I am
presented with the registration screen, which I close. Then I have the tip of
the day dialog and I close that too. Finally, I am placed in a screen with only
one button - a preview button, and there is no menu, no close button, nothing
above it in the hierarchy - in short, I can do nothing with vue scan at that
point except to route the mouse and click on the preview button.

That causes my epson perfection V33 scanner to run and I can see that a image
of the document is on screen, but I can do nothing at all with it and VueScan
goes endlessly busy.

I've downloaded and reinstalled twice, repairing permissions  after both
installs, and still no joy with vuescan.

As I said, I cannot get to any settings or do anything except click that one
preview button. I can't even VO space on it - I have to mouse click it.

What am I doing wrong? This app is supposed to be great on the mac, but it's
not doing so well  on this particular Mac.

P.S.

I noticed that there are several versions of VueScan on the downloads page
including 32 and 64 bit versions. Initially, I downloaded the 32 bit by mistake
and thought that might have been the problem, so I deleted it and downloaded
the latest 64 bit version with the same results. Then I clicked the download
link from the main page and let the website decide what version to give me and
it gave me the 32bit version. nothings working - all help welcome.