Hi April,

It seems to me that you might be pressing incorrect key combinations when
trying to use VoiceOver.  Either that, or you have a physical problem with your
keyboard that is affecting the activation of the Control and/or Option keys.
There’s not really much that should have happened software-wise that would
explain your issues.

Two things to try, if your keyboard is an Apple keyboard, and you have four
keys to the left of the space bar, then the furthest left key is the FN key,
and moving right will be the ctrl key, then the Option key and finally the cmd
(Command) key.  If your keyboard has only three keys to the left of the
spacebar, then the FN key is elsewhere on the keyboard and those three keys are
the ctrl key at the far left, then the Option key followed by the cmd (Command)
key.  When we mention pressing VO or the VO keys, then you need to press the
ctrl and option simultaneously and whatever other keys are needed.  If you are
using a non-Apple keyboard, then things could be a little different.

Another thing to do would be to use VoiceOver in Keyboard Help mode.  Press
your VO keys along with the “k” key and VO will announce “Starting Keyboard
Help”.  Now, when you press the various keys on the keyboard, VoiceOver will
announce what the key is and if you press ctrl-option along with a specific
key, then VO will announce the function of that combination.  Press the Escape
key to exit Keyboard Help mode.

Lastly, the Web-Router is like a web related Item Chooser.  That is, pressing
VO-u, brings up the Web-Router, then you can navigate left or right to get
lists of Links, Visited Links, Fields and so on all related to the web page you
are on.

HTH.

Later…

Tim Kilburn