> ...which makes these sound a bit funky. If you use *anything*
> GUI-related that is already implemented, you'll drag Gtk+ in. Which
> will mean that you need to have both Qt and Gtk+ libraries in memory
> at the same time, which I think is not too hot on the current
> hardware.

>From this point of view I think GTK2 was the completly wrong choice as
Maemo's GUI toolkit. Its slow (mameo contains even a hacked version
which tries to speed it up a bit) and heavyweight (megs of code
splitted in many different shared-libs), but it was choosen for
compatibility as the whole Xserver based approach. (fox-toolkit  or
fltk are much more efficient)
I think with this decision in mind a port of QT would not be that bad
either since it would allow running apps on your Maemo powered device
which would not be able to run otherwise or would not look that good.

lg Clemens