Hi,

> Maybe
> linking it statically isn't a bad idea if its just used by one single
> program

Yep, but linking QT statically would make the binary probably too big to
fit nicely in the N770 flash... It's doable anyway for the ones who
really want it (not me ;-)

> If I look at the tons of Hildon/GTK based program's I've installed on
> my 770 I see _none_ of them using any advanced features of GTK - just
> basic ui like buttons, tables and lists (uhh, slow scrolling) and some
> images here and there. Exactly the same could be archived with one of
> those ultra-slim high-performance toolkits available with about 1/10
> of size/footprint and 2x the performance.

Well there is more than just advanced widgets in GTK+ which is not
available in all lighter toolkits (full i18n, anti-aliased fonts, glib,
rich theming etc.)

> However, peace ;-)

Agreed, let's keep the discussion technical and be open to all opinions!

- Kaitsu -