> Or of course you can go the certification path but that will cost you
> some $.
> So, feasable, yes.
> It has even been done, yes.
> A good way to go? No.

Why isn't it a good way? It seems Nokia bought a Opera license for the Nokia
770, why they shouldn't buy a J2ME Personal Profile license for the webpad?
Sharp also offered J2ME Personal Profile on the Zaurus? There is no reason
Nokia couldn't do this also for the Nokia 770. And as far as I know, Java is
on the Maemo roadmap for future versions.

I also like to see J2ME Personal Profile on the Nokia 770. There are some
programs which can be easily ported or directly used on the Nokia 770 than.

> Probably look into Mono instead?
Sorry, but I think if someone ask about J2ME migration, Mono isn't the answer.
And second, there is not really a finished end user ready mono version for
the Nokia 770 available yet.

Regards

Bernd