Hi

I've tried to get my "menu-launched" program to work. System keeps
kill-9:ing my prog since it was not communicating properly using
D-BUS messages

Currently I am using the "dbus escape hax" like:

 if (fork()) { sleep(4); _exit(0); }
 close(0); close(1); close(2); setsid();

to get the program working. With that the (escaped) prog doesn't get
killed but ...

I've heard that calling osso_initialize() should somehow do the work,
and I have been trying to search how that actually should be used.
Thew only source code I've read is from maemopad and that seems not
to do much more than calling osso_initialize() and saving the return
value (but not using it elsewhere). The available documentation
and usage tips I've found so far have not helped too much -- and there
are so much uncertainty there that explodes my testing options...

So far I've tried the following:

In code:

(void)osso_initialize("revsh", PRJ_VER, false, null);  /* called after
gtk_init() */

(what should I do with return value ???)

In revsh.desktop

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=1.0
Type=Application
Name=RevSH Tunnel
Exec=/var/lib/install/usr/bin/revsh-tunnel-gui
X-Osso-Service=invalid.too.revsh
# FIXME Icon
Icon=qgn_list_home

In revsh.service

[D-BUS Service]
Name=invalid.too.revsh
Exec=/var/lib/install/usr/bin/revsh-tunnel-gui

For maximum portability with minimum #ifdefs the program (currently)
uses standard gtk widgets, (with the exception of setting "autocap" in text
entries)...

The flashed system is Nokia770-51

Any help is appreciated

Tomi