[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Both of them works! : )

That's cool :)

Question:

1) Is it correct for me to use the dspfbsink directly? (Frame buffer) Any pre-processing necessary?

I'd guess it isn't, but don't know. You would be missing the new window so it looks like there should be other way.

2) The w.mpg plays correctly on the bundled 770 movie player, but pretty slowly with a lot of frame skips. Is the CPU of Nokia 770 fast enough to handle more advanced codecs, like xvid?

All the decoding is done by the DSP. This is IMO bad design choice for (advanced) video. DSP is simply overused and too slow for this. When playing the ice age trailer you can notice with load applet that CPU sits almost idle while DSP is struggling to decode everything. This makes sense for backgroung sound playback, but not for video. You hardly play video on the background :-)

It would be interesting to hook in mp4 gstreamer plugin that decodes video by the main CPU. This could result in much higher framerates or better resolution and better utilization of both main CPU and DSP. Or is there some catch why doing it on DSP makes better sense? AFAIK the main ARM CPU should be better suited for the task than the DSP.

BTW How much dedicated video memory is there? Can the video driver do double buffering directly in video memory? This would be useful for video playback too.

Frantisek