> Re: [maemo-developers]http://press.nokia.com:80/PR/200605/1051308_5.html
>

> Devesh Kothari schreef:
> > ext Koen Kooi wrote:
>
> >> [maemo-developers] http://press.nokia.com:80/PR/200605/1051308_5.html
> >>

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> In case anyone missed it:
> >> http://press.nokia.com:80/PR/200605/1051308_5.html
> >>

> >> The biggest error in the statement:
> >>
> >> "It is downloadable free of charge from the Internet
> www.nokia.com/770."
> >>
> > It will be :) This is the 2006 IT SW Edition launch (which means we are
> > close to public release). Currently we do not yet have the exact final
> > public release date. We also intend to coincide the release of Maemo 2.0
> > release candidate  with the public  release. Trust me team is working
> > real hard :)
>
> So we won't get the SDK before the release, but at the same time? Given
> the huge incompatibilities (app-installer, EABI) I would have thought
> nokia would release the sdk a bit earlier to give the app developers a
> chance to get their software out on time.

Unfortunately so :( , we are trying hard but due to so many major changes
we just dont want to push out something which is either poor quality or
half cooked. IF we still are able to beat the IT 2006 to public launch
(assuming
we get things stabilized enough), we will push it out the door :)

Another reason, is we dont just want to push the Maemo 2.0 till we get the
public upgrade IT 2006. Since we know Maemo 2.0 would be binary
incompatible,
the applications cross compiled on the development environment would not
run
on the current IT 2005 edition (on device) out there, so developers cant
really
test it on the device.

What do you guys think? Should we try to push out the SB development
environment early, even if the developers can test apps on real device?

Devesh