Weinehall David (Nokia-M/Tampere) ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> On mån, 2006-07-31 at 13:29 +0200, ext Nils Faerber wrote:
> > I would have expected such framework after the longish discussions on
> > the mailinglist some time ago (effectively more than half a year ago).
>
> Since there isn't any calendar application in the 2006 software edition,
> management didn't really prioritise a sane alarm interface.

That is an interesting descision, given that AFAIK Nokia tries to push
Maemo as a more general platform for all kinds of different devices.

Alarms are a central component for most handheld devices (maybe with
the exception of the 770, but it certainly would not hurt there...) and
leaving that undefined in Maemo will create exactly that kind of
confusion and hamper the adoption of Maemo as a more general platform.

Please ask your management to reconsider that.

Bye,
        Simon
--
              [EMAIL PROTECTED]              http://simon.budig.de/