Hi all,

today my 770 stopped working. It starts booting with the Nokia logo but
something happens before it comes to the point where the "blue bar"
appears. Apparently it restarts a couple of times before giving up and
switching off (Nokia logo fades away).

I did not install new packages recently (within several days), certainly
not since my last n770 reboot.
I shut down the unit properly last night after some pdf reading when I
went to bed.

So I /really/ wonder how anything could distort the boot process that
hard? I presume if I were a normal customer, this would be the point to
return the unit as defective :-/

The unit had the r&d flag enabled.

Things I tried:

* setting no-lifeguard-reset flag
* reflashing initfs
* disabling r&d mode
* removing the memory card while booting.
* removing the battery for an extended period of time (>15 minutes)

all of which did not help. Before I reflash the whole thing and lose
everything installed I'd like to ask if there are any other ideas worth
trying to recover the unit.

kind regards,
                Fionn