Hi all,

I am now a bit puzzled with this repositories stuff. I've been always aware of that repository.maemo.org MUST NOT be used on a host workstation or PC. This is clear.

However, how should I interpret all those warnings that this repository is 'ONLY' meant for using inside Scratchbox? This 'ONLY' sounds ambiguously to me when I look at i.e. ApplicationCatalog2006 and see there lots of packages meant for Nokia 770 device and available from repository.maemo.org. Doesn't this mean that repository.maemo.org should be included in /etc/apt/sources.list on Nokia 770 in order to get those packages installed?

Or is the difference that one could fetch packages from repository.maemo.org and install them on Nokia 770 BUT could NOT use this repository to upgrade tablet (like 'apt-get upgrade')?

I was also thinking that any package installable inside SB environment (in an armel target) can be installed on Nokia 770? If this is right can the same repositories be used both inside SB and on N770?

Someone please comment on this.

Best regards,

Andrey

Devesh Kothari wrote:
Please note the warning on
http://maemo.org/downloads/download-sdk.html#Package+repository

DONT USE THE maemo.org repository to upgrade your device. IT IS
CURRENTLY NOT MEANT FOR THIS AN DEVICE UPGRADE HAS NEVER BEEN TESTED.
UPGRADE only maemo rootstrap installed INSIDE SB development environment.

Devesh