ext Koen Kooi wrote:

Murray Cumming schreef:
I'm not seeing any significant improvement to this situation, and
Nokia's developers seem no less busy. So I'm still wasting time chasing
incredibly minor patches.

I still think a dedicated empowered community liason would fix this.

A liason that actively comminucates, instead of passively. Things like herring
are a great
initiative, but if it's only mentioned on IRC after some questioning it will
never be of
great value to non-developers.
Hi Koen,

Herring will be announced soon during the next few days, once the repository is minimally ready. Please be patient. For those who cannot absolutely wait here's a few words about herring, which you can find on http://sardine.garage.maemo.org/about.html

     Herring

Sardine will always contain the latest component versions. However, in order to make releases it is necessary to feature freeze the software and concentrate on polishing, bug-fixing and otherwise stabilizing the code. Doing this without stopping forward development requires branching off the code. This is done in the revision control system, component by component as it becomes necessary. When components start branching in the revision control system the Sardine distro branches as well: a separate stabilization distro is created.

The current stabilization HAF distro is Herring. _Please note that the Herring is still under construction but should be available very soon_

We are preparing the herring repository here:

   * deb http://repository.maemo.org herring main non-free

However, I wouldn't encourage anybody to try it out just yet, it's just not ready.

Br,
Carlos