Tran Van Hoang wrote:
Hi,
It will be available when next maemo sdk release is coming out...soon

Yes that was my point. This is IMHO too late :-)

I understand it may be hard to make everything ready at once but still I don't like it and think you should make the sources available at the same time as binaries. After all this firmware is 5 weeks old, there should be plenty of time to prepare the sources while lawyers or QA do its job.

I think kernel is the most probable thing one wants to recompile immediately after getting the firmware binary. It is not much about SDK (i.e. developing another applications for the system), but more about GPL rights to get source to the thing you run on your device.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not upset and can wait few days :-) But still I think this release procedure is not OK. It should not be - we first release the binary and sometime in future we release 'SDK'.

Oh, BTW, the release notes were really good thing. Thank you :-)

Frantisek