>What's the point to announce such a program so late and with
>so little details? To irritate people? I would like to have my
>discount right now, if I'm eligible, so that I could buy the
>device right away, or to know that I'm not eligible so that I
>could plan $399 into my budget for gadgets. At the very least
>it would be nice to know the time frame for the program.

Hi,

Announcing it "so late" (was it the same/next day after the product
launch?) should not be a problem. Active community members and
developers do not need to be "created" overnight, they existed before
the developer program was launched. If I understand the program schedule
correctly the lucky ones shall get notified rather soon.

Br,

--jakub