After looking over some of the developer documentation I realized I didn't
need a device to try porting my application so I decided to give it a try.

I installed the Scratchbox and Xephyr and compiled one of the test programs.
I was pleasantly surprised to see how easy it was to get started. After
sorting out some issues with dependencies, I was able to get my program
compiling and running in a pretty short amount of time. You can see the
results in a few screenshots here:

http://mike.yi.org/projects/quiver/wiki/QuiverForMaemo

Now I have a few questions:

I've seen some posts about cairo on the mailing list but I didn't see a
package for it. Is it available or should I be looking for another way to
fulfill my cairo needs?

Are there any hildon_* functions to get the icon names for directories (home
folder, trash , desktop, normal folders) and for mime types? I was using a
libgnomeui function (gnome_icon_lookup_sync).

Does the N800 have a way to emit the GdkEventScroll?

Cheers,

Mike Morrison