Andrew J. Barr wrote:

Thanks for writing this. Others have said the same things before, maybe
this time Nokia will listen to at least some of these
requests/suggestions.

OK, since nobody mentioned it yet and DSP is here to stay (at least with n800) let's add also this one to the end of the list (i.e lower priority than flasher)

Add support for DSP development using freely available Linux DSP Tools [1] to the SDK.

This actually means:
- example of simple hello world dsp task with working makefile including linking phase with dsp bios used on device - source of example audio/video sink - i.e. how to produce audio/video from the dsp task (=what code to call in dsp bios)

I am not asking for source of closed source codecs licenced from 3rd parties so I guess it should be possible (since [1] is available).

Numerous people struggled with this since IT2005 days and I think nobody succeeded so far (especially with producing audio or even in the end).

Frantisek

1. http://dspgateway.sourceforge.net/pub/index.php?Page=Links