Frantisek Dufka a écrit :

> Right, forgot about that one. /proc/component_version is better for
> knowing specific hardware, osso_software_version is better if you are
>  interested in which specific firmware is installed (and in fact for
> N770 hacker edition it contains RX-34 by mistake so component_version
> is safer bet).
 > But the real question is why you want to know it in the first place.
 > Maybe there is better way to check some specific feature instead of
 > checking hardware version.

I am not the OP but I also had the same need a while ago and was happy
to see these answers. I had found the "uname" hack by myself but maybe
the file checking is better as it saves importing another module.

My specific problem was determining the screen resolution at the start
of a pyGame app, to run it fullscreen on the tablet, and windowed on
other platforms. This does not seem possible from pyGame itself, the
only workaround I could find was to also import gtk just to use its
gtk.gdk.screen_width() and gtk.gdk.screen_height() functions once.

As this is a lot of overhead for the tablet, I preferred to detect that
platform first and set the values manually, and only use gtk detection
for more powerful platforms. If there's a better way I'd love to know it :-)