Marius Gedminas a écrit :

> On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 06:42:41PM +0200, Fred Pacquier wrote:
>> My specific problem was determining the screen resolution at the start
>> of a pyGame app, to run it fullscreen on the tablet, and windowed on
>> other platforms. This does not seem possible from pyGame itself,
>
> How about taking the largest one from pygame.display.list_modes()?

Thanks Marius for the heads-up : I had toyed with that function while
exploring the pyGame API, but only on the desktop, and had found it next
to useless, at least with Windows.

I had not thought of trying it under maemo, where it returns only the
(800,480) tuple. So it might be a good "IT detector" with no additional
import or filesystem access.

> Both approaches will fail when you have a dual-head system -- you'll see
> a large combined display size (e.g. 2308x1024 for a 1024x768+1280x1024
> dual-head mode that crashes pygame when you try to switch to it).  With
> gtk.gdk you can at least find the number of screens and their
> resolutions.

Hmm, I'll admit I hadn't even *thought* of such a possibility :-)
ATM it's not a problem because the app is mostly for my own use, I just
need a common code base that will adapt to the various platforms and
screens I use it on - none of which is multi-headed. But I'll keep it in
mind if/when that happens...

Thanks,
fp